School improvement is driven by the CEO who is a National Leader of Education, supported by a strong ream of staff from King John School and their very successful teaching school alliance.
King John School has a strong track record in providing school to school support for the DfE, the LA and the regional steering group. The team will comprise senior staff at King John who all have experience in turning round failing schools and schools that require improvement and in providing school to school support. There are an additional five SLEs across a wide range of subjects who will be deployed to support in key subject areas.
Zenith has a newly appointed Director of Student Welfare with experience in disadvantage students’ progress and attendance and who also has a track record of significantly improving attendance and the progress of disadvantage students at The James Hornsby School over the last 3 years. The Trust has experienced National and Local Leaders of Education overseeing school improvement across all its schools.
The Trust has a systematic monitoring process in place to review all school performance within the MAT. School standards and performance are the responsibility of the CEO who reports directly to the Trust board on a termly basis.
This structure will support a universal offer that includes for example:
- Strategic self-evaluation and school improvement planning with headteachers;
- Quality assurance, support and challenge in line with the priority area;
- Access to specialist intervention from the teaching school and outside services. Our teaching school alliance is an excellent resource for both recruiting and retaining teachers. There is a comprehensive programme of specialist subject and pupil phase support, leadership training and networking opportunities;
- Support and training on data systems linked to robust target setting, tracking and analysis;
- A collaborative teaching and learning group across all academies/schools that are in the MAT as a forum for sharing and development of good practice.